
Life lately has been crazy. Hails started back at school, Jake got called back into the army and Lacey gets more mischievous every day.
Hails started back at school about a week and a half ago. She already got a 101 on her first spelling test and is doing great. The only problem she had was she only had 1 kid in her class from last year. Anyone who knows Hailey understands why that is a bit of a problem. Hailey can be painfully shy and will never be the one to initiate a friendship. It was almost like starting over at a new school. Her first few days of recess were spent sitting by herself. As her mom, that makes me sad. I wanted to show up at recess and go on the monkey bars with her. (That would have been a site) Of course you have to be careful what you wish for. She made a friend named Logan. After being friends for 2 days, he told Hailey he loved her which she thankfully thought was disgusting. The boys have loved her since pre-school. I am NOT looking forward to the day she stops thinking that boys have cooties. She seems to be doing well now and told Logan to just say he likes her.
As for Jake being called back into the army. THAT was a shock. I guess it shouldn't have been since we knew it was always a possibility for the next 4 years. It was just very unexpected, especially so soon. He leaves on the 5th of October and aside from a 2 week break he'll get sometime in the next year, we won't see him again until next November. Even though it's getting closer, I'm still living in a complete state of denial. I'm afraid of what I might actually feel like when reality sets in. The thought of running a household by myself is a bit intimidating. Luckily, I live just a block and a half away from family and have some pretty amazing friends. I just prefer my husband not to be in a war zone. I'm so picky.
Lacey is a little monster. She's a cute little monster, but a monster none the less. She likes to empty cabinets, climb on the table and give me a heart attack by trying to jump off of everything. The other day, the missionaries brought over brownies which I left on the kitchen table. Lacey came into the living room with chocolate all over her face saying "mmmm, mmmmm" As soon as I sat up, she bolted for the dining room to finish her brownie before I could ruin her fun. I had the brilliant idea that I would start potty training which was quickly discontinued when Lacey screamed every time I put her near the potty chair. She seems to think of it as some kind of monster. SO, my new goal is to have her potty trained before Jake gets back home. This is also subject to change :)
That's life lately.
3 comments:
Interesting life events. I do not look foward to Noel getting to the boy stages. In fact I am looking wishing for the second coming before that happens. Lacey and brownies story is so cute. Noel has learned to say cookie. How can a dad resist that cute little voice, I certainly can't.
Eric
I do not know how you do it. I can't wait until our kids can play again...soon
I am sorry Jake is getting deployed. Drop me a line anytime you need moral support. While my husband is not gone for a year at a time I can certainly relate to being a single parent while Lawrence is deployed. We'll keep your family in our prayers. -Sarah
Post a Comment