We made it through another week and it was a BUSY one. We had a big snow storm, Hails came back early, Halloween, the cupcake incident, my new Halloween niece and I had Griffin and Scout from Thursday to Sunday. Though my house is much calmer now, (Griffin and Lacey fight like brother and sister) I miss having Griffy here. He's really just a joy to have around. He's the sweetest little boy. He went right to bed for me at night and i had to wake HIM up in the morning. He also likes to sit on my lap which Lacey is always too busy to do. She can't cause mischief if she's sitting still....well, she probably would figure out a way. It was also nice to keep so busy. As much as Lacey terrorized him, I think she misses him too.
Halloween went well. Hails made the cutest Alice in Wonderland and my mother in law did a fantastic job with her costume. Lacey had 3 costumes but only wore 2. Jake sent her 2 that he found super cheap at Old Navy. So, she was a skunk and a cat. I had bought her a little red riding hood costume but by the time she was out of her second costume, it was jammy time. She LOVED trick or treating. Griff preferred staying in the house with Grandma and handing out candy and playing with Chick Hicks and The King (his favorites) Lacey marched right up to anyone giving out candy and held up her little bucket and was ready for the next house. There wasn't too many people with their light on but Lacey got more than enough candy. Nyssa and Carter and Lilly came along too. Carter was adorable. He was a cowboy and wore one of those ridiculous horse costumes. He was so cute. Lilly was a mouse which is very appropriate with Lacey being a cat. (my kid's a bully)
Marlee Isabella was born on Halloween morning. She was 7 pounds 13 ounces. She looks JUST like Griffin. I don't think you'd even recognize the difference in their baby pictures. I look forward to spoiling her as much as I do Griff. :)
We do have some good news. Jake MIGHT get to come home for 4 days. I'm afraid to get my hopes up too high, but it's hard not to. I'm not going to tell Hails he's coming (if he does) so it will be a great surprise. She misses him a lot.
Hails starts dance on Friday. She'll be taking jazz. I want her to be able to do the things that I always wanted to but wasn't able to. I don't care so much that she sticks with it and does great. I really just want her to have the opportunity. Jazz seemed like the best kind of dance for Hails. Tap would probably drive her nuts because of the noise and she's just not a ballerina. That takes a self discipline that she just does not possess So, hopefully it will go well and she'll want to continue...especially if I have to pay 30 dollars for her shoes.
I hope everyone has a great week!
1 comment:
I hope that Jake can come home for a few days. Every time that I read about Lacey I smile because she reminds me of Tori. Tori is almost 5 and is finally slowing down (slightly).
Post a Comment