Thursday, October 30, 2008

So much for getting ahead

I was very proud of myself this morning. I had the cupcakes and treats all ready for Hails school before 11. (not an easy feat with Lacey) I obviously misjudged Lacey's desperation to get to anything covered in frosting and left them on the counter. They were in their carrying cases, covered, but she knew where they were. Needless to say, just a few minutes ago, she came into the living room COVERED in frosting saying "mmmmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmmmm" It took me a minute to realize what happened and I ran to the kitchen hoping that just maybe she only got into the frosting can. No such luck. She took the entire container of cupcakes down, probably let the dog lick them and helped herself to all the frosting she could ingest without vomiting....yet. This was all done in under 3 minutes. So now I am one egg short and need to drag everyone out to buy eggs so I can make another batch of cupcakes. (I have Griffin today too. He's having a sleepover because Mel's going to be induced tomorrow. Halloween baby!) So, so much for getting ahead. I knew it was way too quiet.....

3 comments:

Armytalker said...

That's my Lacey! Sounds like she takes after her mom's love of cupcakes. These are the types of things I need to see pictures of.

Laurie said...

WOW! I have had so many days like that...more than I care to count.

L. S. Smathers Family said...

Sorry Sharee...I can relate...Happy Halloween.