
We made it through week 1. To be honest, it wasn't that bad. I think I still feel like he's just away for a business trip or something and could walk in the door tommorrow. I also know that where he is right now is safe so I'm not such a paranoid freak. I am also surprised at how easily it is for me to do some of the little things I would ask him to do. For example, I always made him put Jinglebell out if it was already dark outside. I have an irrational fear of going onto our back porch after dark thinking that someone is going to jump out of the basement door and grab me. I've decided I would rather face that fear than face whatever Jinglebell would have done after not going outside all night. I've also found that keeping busy is a good way to keep the blues away. Night-time is the worst. If I don't give myself time to sit and think, it's not so bad. Even though it's only been a week, I miss him a lot. He has his cell phone again so I do get to talk to him more than once a day which is nice. It turns out he won't be going to Arizona at all. The unit he's going with will be in Iraq before he even finishes with his training. At the end of this week he goes to DC for a refresher of his job and then he goes to New Jersey (we don't know how long that's for) and then Iraq. If I can, I hope to visit him while he's in New Jersey. He might not be there long enough.
Lacey keeps me pretty busy during the day. When I watch Griffin, I have to try and keep her from attacking him all day. She really loves to hug and a lot of the time it's more of a tackle. If Griff tries to run away, she'll grab him by his shirt and pull him down so she can tackle hug him. With most babies, it's just because she loves babies but I think for poor Griff, she enjoys torturing him. She's a bit of a bully. Hails keeps me busy too. I wish we lived closer to her school. It would be so nice to be able to put her on a bus in the morning rather than dragging them both out of the house. It's better than the school she used to go to though so it's worth it. She misses Jake. She doesn't quite get the concept of how long he'll be gone. For her I use holidays as an example. I tell her which holidays he'll be gone for and that seems to help.
Hopefully this week, I can better limit my trips to Target. I LOVE having it right around the corner.
2 comments:
Target rocks and we love you guys.
That's my motto too "when I get busy, I get better". Hang in there. We thinking of you and your family.
Post a Comment