We made it through another week. It was a very busy week too. Charlie was declawed, we decorated for Halloween, went on a leaf hunt, had a sleepover and tried to stop Lacey from flushing all of our electrasol tabs down the toilet. Hails started a new program at school that she calls her club. On Mondays, after school, all the kids who signed up get MP3 players and walk along to a book on tape...well, a book on MP3 I guess. She really enjoyed it, especially because some of her friends from last year are in her "club". She is so shy. It's hard to get her to do anything unless it's with her best friend Alyssa.
Last night we came home to a very unpleasant surprise. There was a dead squirrel right before our porch. I wasn't about to go near it. It would be there forever if it was up to me to get rid of it. Luckily, I said something about it at church and the missionaries stopped by and got rid of it for me. They're fantastic. They of course had to play with it and take pictures first. Gross as it was, it was very much appreciated. I'm pretty sure the neighbor's cat left it for me as a present. Lucky me.
Jake's in DC still and he has a bit of the blues. I try to stay positive. I'm afraid that if I start letting the blues get to me, they won't go away. Don't get me wrong. I get sad and I miss him every second but in order for me to be a good mom, I can't let my sadness get the best of me. I'm lucky. I have the girls to keep me busy. He has too much time alone to think. Sometimes I'm afraid that I sound too happy and he'll think I don't miss him. That's not the case though. I need to put on a happy face, especially for Hailey. She is just so sensitive and so affected by other peoples emotions. She is really missing Jake. She's even turned into a phone talker when he calls. She has actual conversations. Even though I've tried to explain to her how long he'll be gone, she doesn't get how long it really is. Yesterday she mentioned how he would be home for Christmas and was very sad (as was I) when I told her that he wouldn't be here until next year. Lacey hears the word daddy and waves at the phone. I show her pictures but it wouldn't surprise me if she eventually called the phone daddy.
Charlie is doing well. I was afraid he would come back from the vet and resent me and be a really mean cat, but he's even sweeter than he was before. He's also super lazy. Lacey has done her fair share of torturing him this week. She had to make up for the 3 days he was gone. At least he can't scratch her anymore.
Hopefully this week will go by quickly. I need to make cupcakes for Hails class, finish decorating the house for Halloween, we have trunk or treat at church on Wednesday and Hails parade (along with trick or treating of course) on Friday. We finally found Lacey a Halloween costume...well 3 costumes. I bought her a little red riding hood costume and Jake bought her 2 costumes at Old Navy (they were ridiculously cheap) I think he got her the cat and the skunk costume. I hope everyone else has a great week as well. Happy Halloween!
3 comments:
I love you girls. I wish I could be there for all the fun.
The girls are so cute together. We are excited to see you soon
Fake it until you make it!! Hang in there! We are rooting for you girls and Jake!
Post a Comment