I guess I've been blog slacking. Not a whole lot has been going on. It's been cold so we've been cooped up inside most of the time. I got the girls out today, picked up Kayla and we took them to the mall. There's a play area there and so they were able to run and release some of their energy. Hails gets to do that at school but poor Lacey really needed it. She had a lot of fun. There were a lot of babies playing so she was in heaven.
I got to take Hails and her best friend Alyssa to the movies on Friday. It was nice to be able to do something for Hails. We saw Hotel for Dogs and it was really cute. The girls laughed and had fun. They had popcorn, candy and slush puppies. They were also up past midnight that night :) I stayed true to my diet and didn't cheat, though their snacks looked very good!
I get to talk to Jake pretty often. It's awkward never being able to have a private conversation with my husband but I'm always just glad to hear his voice. He'll be home in June for his leave and we can't wait! I had a dream that he surprised me and came home for a few days. It was the best dream so when I woke up, I was pretty bummed out. The deployment is a lot harder than I ever imagined. I shouldn't complain. I just really miss my husband. I look forward to all of his e-mails. There's one almost every morning and they really make my day. I guess the people he's there with aren't making life enjoyable and I hate that! He's already away from his family. Why do people have to be such jerks. I hate rank and what it does to people but that's a whole other post. I really can't wait to have him back.
I got new tires for my car. Mine were horrible! Nate found me a great deal and went and had them put on my van while I stayed with Mel and all the babies. I guess Griffy and Lacey aren't such babies anymore, but I'm in denial of them growing up. I even watched Marlee for a few hours the other day and she only had one phase of uncontrollable screaming. A few bounces and she was out. I love holding sleeping babies, but it makes me very sleepy too. When I was pregnant with Lacey, Griffy and I used to take naps together on the couch all the time. I wanted to fall asleep when I was holding Marlee but who knows what Griff and Lacey would have done. :) Hails was there too and she did keep them very entertained! All the kids love Hailey.
I think that's it for any exciting news. No. I take that back. American Idol started up again!!!! YAY! My Tuesdays and Wednesdays now belong to Ryan Seacrest :)
3 comments:
I LOVE those two pictures! I miss you all so much. I'm glad I get to call and hear your voice too! Sorry it's so rough, but hopefully I'll never have to do this again!!!
I feel your pain. We had a meeting last night and it was finalized that Lawrence will be in and out for the next four months...essentially the ship will be out to sea more than it's in port, which means I'll be a single mom more often than not from now until summer. Uuuggghhhh! My saving grace is that I have dozens of friends around here who can relate VERY well!!
Your girls are just precious! I wish we lived closer so we could come visit eachother and keep eachother company!! Love you guys!
Post a Comment