What a week. If I could rewind and start over (and have it be better of course), I would. Lacey had what we thought was chicken pox, EVERYONE was puking at some point and Jake's company was told that they can't make so many personal calls. I'm sure our 5 minutes really clogged up the phone line. So, now I'm going through Jake deprivation :P
New Years Eve was very uneventful. Hails went to her friend Alyssa's house and was there most of the night. I put Lacey to bed at about 7:30 and stayed up watching CNN on the off chance that they might show Jake's unit in Iraq. He had told me earlier in the day that it was a possibility, but if they showed it, it was after 2 in the morning. That's when I finally crashed. Even though he would probably be the one filming and not actually be IN the video, I wanted to see it just the same. I hadn't thought to check the CNN website. I guess that's worth a try.
Hails starts back at school this week after her 2 week break. I had wanted to do a lot more with her but both girls were sick. Hopefully winter break will go better. She hasn't had dance class all this month because of the snow and vacation. She's anxious to get back. She does really well there. I'm glad she likes it.
Lacey has been VERY clingy since she's been sick. However, at Natalia's birthday party last night, she was a little social butterfly. Long gone are the days where she screams at anyone who happens to look in her direction. She was very happy to see baby Marlee. I think she will make an excellent big sister someday.
Hopefully we'll hear from Jake in the next few days and this week will be better than the last. I'd say it couldn't get much worse, but I know better than that.
1 comment:
Sorry Sharee...I hate those weeks. They always hit during a deployment. I was reading a book my aunt sent me called Heroes at Home and it says that many military spouses have the washing machine break or the front door fall off within the first week of their hubby's deployments...see we aren't alone!!! Hang in there...we're rooting for you and soon I'll be a frazzled single mom too!
Post a Comment