Monday, March 1, 2010

Update



I guess it's time I updated this thing since it has been quite a while! A lot has happened.
The most exciting thing that happened is that Lacey and I flew out to Washington to spend a week with KK and baby Etta! The circumstances could have been better (Kayla had to have her gall bladder out and Robb is underway) but it was nice to go just the same. I have an awesome friend who helped me get affordable tickets and I can't thank him enough. I've never flown Continental before and I was really impressed! They have tv screens in the back of their seats! You swipe your card and pay 6 dollars and have Direct TV for your entire flight. I didn't have to miss Project Runway and Lacey watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and cartoons the whole way. It was the best 12 dollars I've ever spent. Lacey was awesome on the flight. She slept the whole way from Albany to New Jersey but didn't sleep at all from New Jersey to Washington. The only problem we had was that she was terrified of the bathroom. I ended up having to put a pull up on her because she would NOT go in there even though she made me take her every half an hour. OOh, AND Continental gives little kids, plastic wings! It was exciting.

Kayla's friend picked us up in Seattle and that was my first meeting with baby Etta. I LOVE her!!!!! Kayla was in the hospital so since it was late, her friend (who is also incredibly awesome for picking me up so late and taking me back to the airport when that meant getting up 3 in the morning with 2 kids of her own, one being a newborn) brought me back to Kayla's house. After she left, I realized that I had forgotten my phone charger and my cell phone was dead. Of course, with a cell phone I don't memorize people's numbers anymore so I didn't know how to get a hold of Kayla to get directions to the hospital. Luckily she had a house phone so I could call Jake and get her cell phone number. I got directions off of her computer (which I needed the password for so it's really good that Jake answered the phone) and the next morning after a surprisingly peaceful sleep with a newborn, we went to pick her up. Their only car is a standard and I hadn't driven a standard in over 7 years. I wasn't an amazing driver but I didn't stall at all while I was there so I was happy.
Kayla did awesome with her surgery and didn't end up needing a ton of help from me though I held baby Etta any chance I got!




We shopped, we went to church, we made the girls wear matching clothes.




Lacey now has a new title. She is now the home wrecker. In one night she managed to poop and vomit all over Kayla's house. She was sick and just kind of pooped from one end of the hall to the next into Kayla's bedroom. It was disgusting. It was beyond disgusting. It was the only accident she had but it was so so so so gross. That same night, she woke up and started throwing up from the couch to the bathroom. Apparently, all of those twizzlers didn't settle well in her stomach. Besides THAT, she was great. She liked "petting" baby Etta and holding her for a few seconds at a time. It was so great to be able to spend time with KK (I miss her!!!!!!) and to finally meet baby Etta. My baby fever has just about quadrupled and it was pretty high to start with. Although I know everyone else was pretty jealous that I got to see baby Etta first, it was nice not to have to share her (well, besides with her mom of course) They're coming to visit in April and we can't wait!

Other than that, Lacey is now fully potty trained, we got a TON of snow and we're still house hunting. Maybe I'll have a new blog soon about our new home. I sure hope so.

2 comments:

Fichtner Family said...

Too fun! Lacy is getting to big! I am going to keep reading, but I hope potty training is going well!

Fichtner Family said...

OK so I just read the part about Lacey's home wrecking and laughed out loud. How do they know to get sick at other people's houses? Amazing...