Saturday, August 11, 2012
Coxsackie (aka hand foot and mouth disease)
Seriously...AWFUL! Violet and Lacey BOTH got it and it has been terrible. High fevers, blisters in their throats, the sudden inability to sleep for more than 1/2 an hour. No fun at all! Violet has been on my hip all weel long which is fine. I love holding my baby but when they're also screaming in your face for the entire day, it's emotionally draining. It makes me feel completely useles as a mom when I can't do anything to comfort her. Her fever was scaring us enough that we took a trip to urgent care where she screamed...the entire time. However, even with all that screaming, everyone still couldn't help but tell us how adorable she is. I'd post a picture of her adorableness but stupid blogger isn't letting me. (Sorry blogger. I'm taking my coxsackie frustrations out on you. I'm sure you're very smart)Lacey has had a double ear infection that her antibiotics don't seem to be touching on top of everything. This week we get to take a trip to an ear, nose and throat specialist. Our Dr made an appointment for me and then I went home and made my own with a pediatric ent. She's been kind of freakish about going to the dr's since her shots so the better they are with kids, the easier my life will be. I'm anxious for the week to be over so coxsackie virus can kiss my hand foot and mouth....maybe not the mouth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment