
The first time Jake left, I was in complete denial for awhile so I didn't really process how sad I was. If anything I would say I was more numb. This time I knew what was coming and that it was real and that I won't see him again until September. It hurts. It hurts a lot. Having him here for 2 weeks was amazing. He's my best friend and I hate not having him with me. Lacey did just fine as well. I've been preparing her for months and have been showing her pictures ever since he left. She wasn't afraid at all and he didn't get any cold shoulder from her either. Hails was thrilled to see him too. We were able to take a 3 day trip to Boston and go to the Childrens Museum which was really awesome and the Aquarium which was more fun for me and Jake. Lacey was coming down with a cold and miserable and Hailey was afraid to go near any of the tanks. Sleeping was interesting. Lacey has never slept anywhere that wasn't her home so we didn't know how well she would do. The first night she ran all over the room and we all fell asleep before her. We were trying to pretend to be asleep so maybe she would take the hint but we all just ended up falling asleep instead. I woke up at about midnight and she was passed out at the end of her and Hailey's bed. I pushed the bed against the wall and put her on her pillow. A few hours later I woke up and she was sleeping on hailey's legs. Then about an hour after that, Jake woke up and she was sleeping with her head hanging off the bed. He put her back in her bed and a few hours later she ended up getting in our bed and stayed there. The next night she wasn't feeling well and was a super grump. I ended up walking her around the room and rocking her until she fell asleep. Surprisingly that only took about 5 minutes. Both of the girls LOVED the hotel pool. Hails would have been happy if we just spent our entire trip swimming but we used the pool as a reward for good behavior during our day so it worked out well.
Easter was good. I love getting the girls all dressed up and it was wonderful that Jake could be here for that. We had an Easter egg hunt and dinner at our house. After everyone left we enjoyed our last few hours together until he had to go again. His flight left at 6 so we had to get up at around 4. No fun. It made for a long day.
Lacey ended up taking a nap at around 9. She was super grumpy.
I've been on the verge of tears all day but they're just not coming. I feel like if I could just cry for an hour I would feel a lot better. I was able to talk to him for a little bit this afternoon. I miss him so much. He's an amazing husband, father and friend. I can't wait to see him again.
3 comments:
Wow, I can't even imagine how hard that would be. You are a strong woman! I hope you are able to keep busy with your girls between now and September and the time goes by quickly for you. Your girls are so cute.
Sorry Sharee...no fun.
We'll all pray that time flies and Jake it home before you know it.
:( Hope you've been able to have a good cry or two since you posted this. You ARE totally strong. And I think your fantastic sense of humor will help you and your girls be happy till Jake's back. :)
What great Easter pictures! It sounds like you guys had SUCH an awesome time in Boston... what a blast! Very wise call having the pool be the reward for good behavior. :) heh heh. My nieces and nephews think a hotel with a pool is the EPITOME of cool, too.
Post a Comment