Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Nothing exciting





The sunny weather is FINALLY here and it's been HOT! I had to get the girls some new summer clothes and summer jammies. I'll take any opportunity to shop! Lacey loves dresses which makes me so incredibly happy. I put her in them as often as possible before she changes her mind. Lately she's been walking around in her little play shoes. They're little plastic heels. She threw a fit when I made her take them off and put on her sandals to go to the store. What a nut.
Hails is loving the weather. She has a new slip and slide. I've never seen her get her homework done so fast! She only has a few more weeks of classes before her big dance recital and she starts soccer this Saturday. She's a busy girl! She'll be doing both dance and soccer in the fall as well but I want to add piano lessons to that too. We have a piano at the house and she wants to learn so now I just need to find someone to teach her!
We've kind of settled back into our non-Jake household. We don't like it, but we're doing it. Just a few more months. I don't like to say an actual number. It makes it seem a lot longer. As always, I've been shopping too much. I'm a stress shopper. I come home with a new dress for Lacey every time I leave the house. Hails has no interest in clothes. She hates skirts and dresses and anything that looks "too pretty" but she's starting to like very girly colors so it's an improvement! When we went to get pajamas, she picked out nightgowns! I couldn't believe it! I guess dresses are OK for bed. I won't complain.
Hails had a sleepover with her friend Sophia on Saturday. (She goes to our church ) When we dropped her off at home on Sunday her 2 year old little brother ran out of the house wearing absolutely nothing except for a pair of Lightening McQueen slippers. The missionaries happened to be on that street and were talking to me when Elder Williams stopped talking and asked if we were at a nudist colony. It's a pretty busy road so quite a few people got a show! Before he went into the house, he had to jump on the trampoline...naked. I hope someone got a picture because that is excellent blackmail for his later years. Kids are crazy.
We went to the drive ins with Nate and Mel last Friday. It was Lacey's first time at a movie. She doesn't like to sit still...ever so a drive in was best. I figured she could just climb all over the car. I got out of the van to get her some popcorn from Nate and Mel's truck and the dirty rat locked the doors. My keys were in my purse in the car. She sat there happy as can be waving bye bye to everyone while I had a mini panic attack. I went over to her window and asked her to push the button and amazingly she did. I opened the door and grabbed my keys so I could unlock the door if she tried it again (which she did) We saw Monsters vs Aliens and for most of the movie, Lacey buckled and unbuckled herself in the front passenger seat. She needed my help so every 30 seconds of the entire time we were there I heard "mama! Mama!" It could have been worse. She was really mad when she realized that she wouldn't be able to ride home in the front seat. The movie was really cute. B.O.B. is my favorite.
I need to sleep. As soon as Jake left, I went back to my insomniac ways. Last night I went to bed at 11 which is pretty amazing for me. I fell asleep with Marlee when the kids were napping so I got a bit of a boost so Maybe I'll get to sleep by midnight.

2 comments:

Amy said...

The drive-in sounds fun... ha ha! What an experience. :)

Rachel said...

Hooray for good weather! I love dresses on little girls and shopping for girls clothes as well. I know if I had a boy I would spend a lot less money on clothes...