Monday, May 4, 2009

Insomniac

Definition of insomniac= Sharee. I just never sleep anymore. While Jake was here, I slept great! As soon as he left, I went back to 4 hours of sleep again. So, that's why I'm up at 1 in the morning blogging. I did finally figure out how to make a header for my blog (thanks Christie!) so at least i'm being productive. If it wasn't so late, I would vacuum. I love vacuuming.
Lacey is such a big goofball lately. She is SO SO SO SO SO strong willed. She absolutely refuses to sit in a shopping cart or a high chair. I know I know. I'm the parent. She shouldn't have the choice. However, she will scream. She won't just scream for a couple of minutes and then give in. She will scream for as long as she's sitting and then sometimes if I'm lucky, she'll scream so hard she vomits. She also can somehow manage to squeeze her big butt (yes I just said my daughter has a big butt. Anyone who knows her, knows it's true) out of the seat belt no matter how tight I make it. That just makes it dangerous so she walks. Today when we went into Target, she immediately ran to the purses and took one to carry around the store. Anything she found that would fit, she shoved into it. So after we were done with our shopping, I had to pry the purse away from her. She has PLENTY of purses at home. It's just so fun to watch her learn new things. She answers questions with yeah! or no appropriately. Well, what she finds appropriate. She can also jump and get both of her feet off of the floor! Hailey skipped freakishly early, but jumping with both feet took her awhile.
Hails has her first soccer game this Saturday. She's very excited about it. They'll have only had one practice and it's a lot of the kids first year playing soccer so it should be interesting.
Happy Mothers Day to all the moms who read this! I'll have to find myself something extra nice from Jake.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

The adventures of Lacey remind me so much of Tori, I honestly do not know how I survived until she was 3 1/2. It gets better.

Rachel said...

Cute header! Wow, it sounds like you have your work cut out for you with Lacey. Hopefully you will find a way to get some sleep. And, make sure to get something nice for yourself for mother's day--you deserve it!

L. S. Smathers Family said...

I can relate to the insomnia. My kids are up at 5am daily and they've all be sick so I don't get any sleep. I don't get much sleep when they aren't sick either.

When Lawrence is deployed I complain that they won't sleep, I don't sleep, etc. but the night he comes home everyone sleeps like a rock...he can't figure out why I complain while he's gone!?!?!

As for the screaming 2 year old I can relate all too well. Maddie and Guin are strong willed beyond reason. I have learned to pick my battles and ignore the stupid people who say, "you're the parent, you can make the child do whatever you say!"

Those people obviously don't have children who are as strong willed as mine or they are more willing to waste time trying to convince a kid to do something they just aren't going to do!