Sunday, May 31, 2009

Busy month

May has been a busy month. It had a great ending with Hails dance recital. She did such a good job. She was so happy that all the family was able to be there for it. It was a LONG show (37 dances!) and all the little kids did really well. Her best friend takes tap through the same dance company and was in the show too. It was a great night!



Hails has also been playing soccer. The first game was terrible but they've won the past 2. All of the parents on our team are really relaxed and just happy that their kids are trying. Some of the parents on the other teams are INSANE! They scream and quite frankly, I think they're scary.


June will be pretty busy too. We've got Lacey's 2nd birthday in less than 2 weeks! Hails will be done with school for the summer and we'll be having our countdown to Jake coming home! WOOOO! He should be home before September. We don't know where we'll go when he gets home but we know we're going to go somewhere. We need a vacation.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, you have been busy girl! But I guess being busy will help pass the time while you wait for Jake to get home. I definitely think you should take a trip somewhere fun--you definitely deserve it! Also, I can't believe there were 37 dances at the recital. Wow!

Unknown said...

Your oldest looks so grown up---especially in her sports uniforms. I can't believe how fast it goes by. Your young girl has the most gorgeous eyes! I bet you can't believe she's going to be 2. I told John yesterday, "Can you believe in August we've had a kid for three years?"

Amy said...

How fun! My six-year-old nephew (well, okay, now he's eight, but when he was six) was on a soccer team and I got to go to a game. It was hysterical. The refs went to GREAT lengths to keep the parents from going nuts--including not keeping score. But the funniest thing was that the kids on my nephew's team really liked defense but didn't really get the point of offense. So they'd get the ball away from their goal and about halfway down the field they'd just stop running and patiently wait for the other team to take "their turn" and bring it back! Heh heh.

So my personal philosophy is: there are lots of things to laugh at at kids soccer games. I encourage you to make the crazy parents that thing for you. Crazies.