Saturday, June 6, 2009

Busy Day



We had another busy week and a very busy Saturday. We got all of the grand kids together for a day of fun and of course a photo shoot. My family doesn't go anywhere without a camera. I am probably the worst at taking pictures (I missed out on the artistic talents my parents gave out but I am a pretty excellent finger painter) My philosophy is to just keep taking pictures and a few of them are bound to come out good. So far it's been working for me. So, my parents, Nate and Mel, Kayla and I went to Congress Park (Saratoga) with the kids to feed the ducks. They also have a huge carousel there which was fun. Well, not for me. I chose to hold baby Marlee so I didn't spend the rest of my day wanting to vomit. One head injury 12 years ago and rides are ruined forever. Ugghh. Although I do love holding Marlee. After that we went and had gilatos which are delicious. The picture taking was easy when they were candid. When we put them all together it was a typical Steves family photo. One was screaming (of course it had to be mine) and we had one picking her nose (yay! not mine!) it was a good long tiring day. The best part is when we finally got home, all the kids fell asleep :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like it was such a fun time. It's always nice to spend time with family. That park looks beautiful. Sorry Lacey was crying during the picture. It does seem like when kids involved in pictures there is always at least one kid crying, right? I was usually that kid in my younger years. :) I love those matching dresses the little girls have on--they are adorable.

Unknown said...

That park looks familiar to me---haha Rachel mentioned the kid that was always crying---the part she didn't tell you was that it was usually her!!

Unknown said...

I bet seeing Annie will be great---are you going to see Wicked? It might be too scary for the kids, but it is a great show!