
Hailey has FINALLY learned how to ride a bike. It seems late to me because I learned when I was 5 but better late than never! She wouldn't even TRY for me. She wanted to keep her training wheels on and I said no way. Maybe it's mean, but I think it looks absolutely ridiculous. She's too big for that! I still couldn't get her to try even after mentioning that we would be able to go for a bike ride with her BFF on the bike trail that just HAPPENS to end with an ice cream shop. Counter productive? Maybe a little. My brother nate came over and she was a little hesitant but after he promised not to let her fall, she agreed to try. (I guess she didn't believe me when I said it) After 5 minutes, she was riding by herself with him following closely because she was still wobbly and after about 15, she was riding like a pro. It's probably better that he taught her. I'm kind of a paranoid freak and would have made a huge deal about her getting a little tipsy (haha...tipsy) So, now we can go to the bike trail and get our ice cream. She called her dad and he came over to watch with his 16 year old flavor of the month and of course he had to say that she already knew how to ride a 2 wheeler because he taught her last summer. Bologna or other words not appropriate for a family blog. 1. I had her all last summer because he didn't bother to take her when he was supposed to. 2. He just can't let someone else take credit for something he SHOULD have done. I could write an entire book of reasons why I can't stand that man but this is a happy blog so I'll be nice. So ANYWAY, Hails is now a bike riding pro! Quite frankly, I could really use a trip or 10 to the bike trail so this will be good for all of us. I'll post a birthday blog for Lacey soon. I forgot to put the memory card in my camera before I left so my brother took most of the pictures and hasn't sent them to me yet. So, 2 year old party blog, coming soon!
1 comment:
You totally crack me up. I read your comments to Chris and we laugh together. :) Also you're a great mom--way to let go and let your brother teach her to ride the bike.
Post a Comment