Monday, June 22, 2009

Still no birthday pictures...

but I DO have a picture of the shirt I made for Lacey to wear on Fathers Day. I thought it rocked. Hails, Lacey and I had a good time with the family but missed Jake a lot. We're looking forward to being complete again! We walked to the park across from my parents house and when it started to get dark we had a light stick scavenger hunt. Nate made the glow sticks bracelets and put them around all the kids ankles. It was really funny to watch them run. It looked like they didn't have any feet. I told him next time we should color code the kids so when it gets dark, we know who's who. While we were out, I got bit 8 times on one ankle! Stupid mosquitoes. I wish I had taken a video of the kids with their glow sticks but after bragging to Nate that I remembered my camera AND my memory card, I went to take a picture and realized I had left the memory card in the computer...AGAIN! So, we used my dad's camera to get a picture of Lacey's shirt. She didn't smile but we got the picture!
We are really looking forward to having Jake back home to celebrate all of the special days with us. He's an amazing father, husband and friend and this past year has been difficult. The deployment hit us out of nowhere. I've been very lucky to have a very supportive family around me but I want my Jake back! A year is too long to take a dad away from his family. I can't believe that people do this all the time. I hope we'll never have to do it again.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What a great shirt for Father's Day. And way to go for Hailey for learning to ride the 2 wheeler. Hopefully you can enjoy many bike rides to the ice cream parlor. Now that's my kind of bike ride. :)

Jenny said...

So cute! I love Daddy's girls!