Sunday, July 5, 2009

Freaking out

I had a Dr's appointment this past week and it did not go as well as planned. If you don't want to hear about girl things or parts stop reading now. I will be using the words cervix and pap smear.
OK, for all who are left, I had a pap done and while doing that the Dr saw spots on my cervix. I've had abnormal results and even saw an oncologist when I was pregnant so this wasn't shocking but very disappointing. They also found a lump in a close body part that could be either something or nothing. My vote is for nothing and I'm hoping if enough people vote that way, it's a majority rules type thing. Shouldn't it work that way? So I'm kind of having moments of freaking out a bit and others where I tell myself there's no need to worry until they actually tell you that there's something to worry about. So as if I wasn't already a total insomniac, now I spend the night looking up cervical cancer and it's stages. Heaven forbid people post some positive stories. I seem to find every negative story that anyone ever wrote.
So if anyone just happens to be saying prayers and lets my name slip that would rock. I'm a pretty nice person most of the time. I'd prefer to keep all my body parts and have no interest in dying so I'm sure everything will be fine but prayers will always help! Thanks people!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh no, how scary. Yeah, I think in situations like this the internet can do more harm than good because you can find the craziest stories out there. And, then you start feeling all symptoms that you are reading about, right? Your brain can do pretty crazy things! Anyway, hopefully your doctor can figure out what is going on and get whatever it is resolved. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Jenny said...

Wow, sorry to hear about your not so awesome Dr's appt. Hopefully all is well. We will put you in our prayers as well! Let us know when you know!