Friday, July 31, 2009

No news isn't good news. They just forgot to call

I gave in and called my Dr today for my biopsy results. Rather than feeling comforted, I'm scared....still. They showed high grade disease in ALL of the biopsies which isn't cancer, however does mean that I have to have ANOTHER deeper biopsy. The last one gave me the worst cramps ever known to mankind. I guess it showed disease in the glands or something too so they have to go deeper and make sure they aren't missing cancer. What the heck is disease? What does that even mean? I guess maybe it just means they're bad. SO, it wasn't horrible news. It just wasn't very reassuring. I thought that would be the last of it, I'd go in for the LEEP and be done. No such luck of course. However, they're going to do the biopsy and LEEP at the same time so as long as the biopsy comes back ok, I will be done and life can go back to normal.
I wish Jake was home. He is always so calm and so rational in any situation and it helps comfort me and balances out my irrational negativity. A couple more weeks, however after tomorrow, he'll lose his access to phones and computers because the new unit is there and they'll be turning in their keys. So, that stinks. My appointment is next Thursday. Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL, didn't I say that? (j/k) Sorry to hear that the news wasn't very clarifying. I wish Jake was home too so you would have your hubby-support. Things always feel better when our Husbands are with us.You are in my prayers and thoughts.

Rachel said...

I hope everything goes well with your appointment next week. Waiting is the worst because your mind just does crazy things in the meantime (at least mine does)...I wish Jake was there for you. Soon he will be. I can't even imagine how hard it is for you to be going through all this and taking care of your two cuties all at the same time. I'll keep you in my prayers.

L. S. Smathers Family said...

We wish you luck, strength and hope. We'll continue to pray that all turns out well and that Jake is home before you know it.

dastew said...

If it makes you feel better I had a mole that they said was just on the boundary (whatever that is) of being cancer. I suppose that's why they keep calling me to get me in for a follow up.