Friday, August 7, 2009

No more biopsies! (mostly girl talk)

I had what is hopefully my last biopsy yesterday. This one was not NEARLY as bad as my last one. They were able to use lido-cane. All I felt was pressure. It was still very uncomfortable but not painful. I didn't even have horrendous cramps afterwords so everything went really well. It's a very odd experience that I would be perfectly OK with never doing again. It's a very very odd feeling to have to wait 7 to 10 days to 'know your fate" I guess you could say. The results of this have the potential of changing everything and that's just very odd to me. I guess they took a cone shaped piece of my cervix and if the diseased cells were all contained to the area they took then I just have to go back for a pap in 4 months. No big deal. Life can go back to normal with just a few extra Dr visits a year. I can deal with that. If the cells went FURTHER than the biopsy but still don't show cancer, I have to go back in 4 months and have another colposcopy. (NO NO NO!!!! I hate those)That also means I can't, well shouldn't have any more babies until everything starts coming back normal. However, I'm not really sure what they do when that happens. They can only take so much of my cervix. I didn't ask. I was choosing to only think positively that day. Of course there's always the chance that it could come back and show cancer but I'm trying not to think about that....all the time. It's a constant effort. So, in 7 to 10 days I'll know.

1 comment:

dastew said...

as uncomfortable about discussing your paps as I am, I hope everything comes out clean and healthy.