Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day!



The day started off so well. We went to church, the girls behaved and then we came home. When I told hails she was going to wear jeans, it all went downhill. Hailey hates pants with buttons. If she had it her way, she'd wear a track suit every day of her life. She's in a weird in-between stage lately. She's too skinny for the next size up but too tall for the size she's wearing. All of her pants with no buttons are now high waters and I will not let her wear them. I'm so mean. SO, she threw a major fit, told me she hated mothers day and ranted and raved for a good 10 minutes about how much she hated jeans. Lacey was overtired and wouldn't get dressed. She wanted to lay in bed and watch Annie. It's her favorite movie. It's rated G so I figured it was fine. The 2 phrases she picked up from it are dumb dog and Damn. *big sigh* Go figure. We finally left the house and made it over to my mom's. We had a REALLY fun time. Kayla was there with her boyfriend Robb whom we all LOVE.


They need to get married. He fits in to our family perfectly. He cracks us up! The kids love him and when we took all the kids to the park, it was nice to have an extra adult to watch everybody! (Although I don't know if I would really classify him as an adult) Hails threw a major fit on the way back because I wouldn't let her pull Griff and Lacey in the wagon. We had to walk on a pretty busy road and when we go downhill, the wagon would have been too much for her. Of course this made her angry and once again she hated Mothers Day and said that she does everything for me and I don't let her do anything. Uggghh. if it's like this at 8, how is it going to be when she's a teenager? Some days she really makes me want to rip my hair out and tests my patience to it's limits. When we got back, Me, KK, Robb and my parents played a really fun game. Everyone gets asked a question and whoever's turn it is has to guess who answered what. It was fun. I won! So, Mothers Day was good. It would have been better with Jake here but I still had a great day.
Hails started piano lessons this week and she did great! She's already reading notes and plays Ode to Joy with her right hand. I was impressed! She really enjoyed it. She also had her first soccer game. That didn't go quite so well. The score was 13 to 1 and to be honest, I have no clue how we got that 1 point. Everyone had to take a turn sitting out and after everyone had sat out, he just picked numbers for people to sit out again. Of COURSE, he picked Hailey's number after she had JUST sat out so she thought it was some personal attack on her because she's a terrible soccer player (her words) and was a major drama Queen. It did stink that she had to sit out for the entire second half of the game but what do you do? Her dance recital is coming up really soon and after that. she'll have a bit of a break. This summer she'll only have piano lessons but I would LOVE to find her some kind of art camp or clinic. She would love that.
I guess that's all the excitement for now. I hope everyone else had a great mothers day too!

No comments: