Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Delaware




Last week, the Steves clan took their first family vacation since.....ever maybe? We did go on a camping trip when I was little but this was our first big one. Everyone was able to make it except for Owen and his family and KK's husband Robb. :( New jobs and the mean old navy mean no vacation. Boo!
The ride there was hot! The ac stopped working in the van despite all our attempts to revive it. The 98 degree heat combined with a packed full van made for a very sweaty ride. Gross. When we got there, it was worth it. The beach house was awesome!

It was right on the bay and huge. We had 18 people there (11 adults and 7 kids) and we fit comfortably.
The first day we were there we went down to the beach. It was hot and there weren't any waves so we thought it would be great for the kids to swim. We weren't anticipating these guys.

They were everywhere! Almost everyone now knows what it feels like to get stung by a jellyfish. I didn't get stung. I was a big chicken and didn't go in past my ankles. I'm not a fan of swimming with sea life. The kids, despite the stings didn't want to get out of the water. They're tough. There also were a lot of these

These are horse shoe crabs. They're pretty cool. If we saw them flipped over on the beach, we "rescued" them by flipping them back over so they could get back into the water. I guess they're used a lot for medical research so it's important to not let them die!
One thing I LOVE about Delaware is no sales tax! It's amazing. It's also amazing that they have tons of outlet stores with awesome deals. I may have gone a little overboard at the Disney outlet. I couldn't resist. The day we went to the outlets we also took the kids to the go carts. They Loved it. Well, the ones that would actually go on loved it. Lacey and Griff preferred watching.

We even got to see some old guy challenge 2 young guys to a fight in the back lot for bumping his kid. He was kind of psychotic.







The kids LOVED being outside all day and it was nice to go back into an air conditioned house.








Here's my mom with a bunch of the kids. They LOVED having grandma and grandpa around all week!


On our last night we all went out to dinner which of course meant...matching clothes for the kids! You know I can't resist matching clothes. I found SUPER cute dresses at the Old Navy outlet and super cute outfits for the boys at The Childrens Place.


Of course we have a picture with a screamer (my kid. she doesn't like to share the camera) and a nose picker. Would it really be a Steves picture without them?

I'll miss the beach, the ocean, the outlet shopping, Sonics and Rita's Italian Ice. It was a GOOD GOOD vacation

1 comment:

dastew said...

Love sonics. Looks like a good time.