Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lacey's Cowgirl Party (a little late)




Lacey May Smathers is 3 YEARS OLD! What happened to my baby? I had planned from about January to have a princess and the frog party for her. I was going to have Lilly pad musical chairs, pin the lips on the frog, and a whole bunch of other super cute ideas, but then I bought this dress a few weeks before her birthday

I love all the Gymboree dresses this season. So cute! Dresses are all Lacey wears so I love when I find super cute stuff.
When my sister Kayla saw this dress, her mind went spinning and came up with an idea for a cowgirl party. Since she is FAR more creative than I am, I went with it and it was awesome! I of course also went to my party icon Rachel! She gave us lots of super fun ideas! The gift bags were the most fun to make. We bought burlap and cowgirlish looking material along with lots of fun stuff to fill our burlap bags with.

All the kids had cowboy names. We had
Lucky Lacey Drawers, Horseshoe Hailey, Evil Eye Etta, Loco Lilly, Cactus Carter, Gamblin Griff, Moonshine Marlee, Tumbleweed Talia and Jailbreak Jackson. I had it at a local park with one of those huge sprinklers for 2 reasons.
1. It's hot
2. It makes my life a trillion times easier when I don't have to spend the next week cleaning up after one day.
Kayla found a great deal on cowboy hats for the kids and they looked CUTE!
Here's Moonshine Marlee

and here's Evil Eye Etta


Kayla even found some awesome mustaches. This is Loco Lilly. That's a lollipop in her mouth.


I didn't get real fancy with the cupcakes. If I had more time I might have been more adventurous but the kids liked them

We even found these guys at the dollar store!

We didn't end up playing a lot of games because the kids were busy playing in the water

and in the sand box. Gamblin Griff looked like the wolf man

My awesome husband made this awesome pinata. Lacey was VERY upset that everyone was destroying it and wanted no part of it, not even when the candy fell out.

It was a fun fun party! Here's the birthday girl

No comments: