On Saturday, Hailey turned 8. I can't even begin to explain how it feels to have an 8 year old. Old I guess :) She had her friend party in the afternoon and then my family came over in the evening. Only 4 friends showed up but it was a good time for everyone...except me and Kayla (who I enlisted to help me) 2 of the girls are sisters and have been our friends since Hailey was a baby. Alyssa (the younger sister) is just 5 days older than Hailey and I used to babysit her so they've grown up together. She comes over all the time and we never have a problem. The other 2 girls who came from school were 2 of the most obnoxious children I've ever met in my life. The first things out of one friend's mouth were, "We have 5 cats, 7 fish, 2 dogs and 3 hamsters" (or something like that) "We have a lot of money and a lot of rooms in OUR house" Throughout the party we got to hear about how much richer she is than everyone and no matter what you had, she had one more. She was rude and complained about EVERYTHING. The other little girl was a big grump who didn't want to do anything but play the wii and when we finally got her to take a picture with everyone, she looked at us like she wanted us to die. She did get less annoying as the party went on, but definitely had an attitude problem. If I ever find out that Hailey went to someone else's house and acted like that, she will be grounded for life. Oh well. Hails didn't care. As long as Alyssa's there, she has a good time. Hails appreciated everything but her favorite present of the day was either her guitar or her pixos. Pixos seem to be real big with 8 year olds. We tried them out yesterday during Lacey's nap and she actually liked them as much as she thought she would. (It usually seems like those kinds of toys get used once and tossed in the closet for months on end) Once we recovered from the monster children, it was a good day. However, my house will never be the same. I have a HUGE mess to clean up.
Monday, December 15, 2008
It's great to be 8
On Saturday, Hailey turned 8. I can't even begin to explain how it feels to have an 8 year old. Old I guess :) She had her friend party in the afternoon and then my family came over in the evening. Only 4 friends showed up but it was a good time for everyone...except me and Kayla (who I enlisted to help me) 2 of the girls are sisters and have been our friends since Hailey was a baby. Alyssa (the younger sister) is just 5 days older than Hailey and I used to babysit her so they've grown up together. She comes over all the time and we never have a problem. The other 2 girls who came from school were 2 of the most obnoxious children I've ever met in my life. The first things out of one friend's mouth were, "We have 5 cats, 7 fish, 2 dogs and 3 hamsters" (or something like that) "We have a lot of money and a lot of rooms in OUR house" Throughout the party we got to hear about how much richer she is than everyone and no matter what you had, she had one more. She was rude and complained about EVERYTHING. The other little girl was a big grump who didn't want to do anything but play the wii and when we finally got her to take a picture with everyone, she looked at us like she wanted us to die. She did get less annoying as the party went on, but definitely had an attitude problem. If I ever find out that Hailey went to someone else's house and acted like that, she will be grounded for life. Oh well. Hails didn't care. As long as Alyssa's there, she has a good time. Hails appreciated everything but her favorite present of the day was either her guitar or her pixos. Pixos seem to be real big with 8 year olds. We tried them out yesterday during Lacey's nap and she actually liked them as much as she thought she would. (It usually seems like those kinds of toys get used once and tossed in the closet for months on end) Once we recovered from the monster children, it was a good day. However, my house will never be the same. I have a HUGE mess to clean up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How did she get to be 8 years old?!!! It seems like it was yesterday that she was born! Happy Birthday Hailey from Tori.
Happy Birthday Hailey! I can relate to the obnoxious kids...you can tell what her family talks about and what they do all day by her behavior. I have found the best indicator of life at home is the kids!
Glad Hailey had a good time in spite of those girls.
Post a Comment