Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!


This week has been a snowy snowy week. Well, it didn't really start that way, but it ended with a bang. I knew the storm was coming on Friday, so I didn't even bother sending Hails to school for her half day. She started her vacation a little early which she was pretty happy about. She had a sleepover with her best friend Alyssa. We set up the tent that she got for her birthday and they camped out in the living room. Saturday, we all played in the snow. I have Jake's extreme cold weather gear which looks absolutely dreadful, but it keeps me toasty warm. The snow is all powder so we haven't been able to make a snowman. We're going to make a snow Jake. I just need to find a beret :)Lacey had mixed feelings about the snow.

I can't believe Christmas is almost here. It's not the same without Jake, but hard not to get excited with my daily reminders from Hailey. I got her the new Sonic game for the Wii finally. I was waiting for the price to go down a bit. I think she will be most excited to open her bendaroos. Those infomercials got the best of all of us. If you ask ANY kid in 2nd grade around here what they want for Christmas, they'll tell you bendaroos. I'm just hoping they get here in time! Lacey's Christmas is everything baby. She LOVES babies. I have a feeling she'll be getting a lot of them this Christmas. She's such a little mommy. Today she decided that she wanted to wear some of Hailey's underwear. After failing to put it on over her legs, she wore it over her head and through one arm. She wouldn't let me take it off either. As much as I hope that means she's ready for potty training, she is terrified of the potty chair.Maybe in a few more months.
I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! Please keep Jake and everyone else serving overseas in your prayers :)

No comments: