
Natalia ended up having a sleepover. She LOVES Hailey and is always really good when she stays over. She's only 2 (almost 3) but plays very well with Hails. They were even wearing matching outfits which were not planned but they were both pretty excited about. We call Natalia, Hailey's mini me.

Jake made the mistake of falling asleep while the food was cooking. So, unable to pass up the opportunity, we put funny hats on him and some nice eyeshadow. No one had any lipstick which was kind of a bummer. This picture cracks me up because of the way Lilly is looking at him

Unfortunately it was a very short visit for Jake, but better than nothing :) He leaves for Iraq tomorrow which terrifies me. Even though he's been gone since October, I've been able to talk to him multiple times a day and was even able to see him twice. I'm just hoping this next year goes by fast.

On a happy note, Lacey is loving nursery. I have never seen a child go so willingly. She never cried. She just walks in and acts like she owns the place. The only time you'll hear her scream is if any of the other kids dare to touch her baby. However, rather than getting a break from kids for more than 5 minutes, I of course got called to teach in the primary. Go figure. I teach Hailey's class which is a little difficult because of the age range it covers. We have a VERY small branch so I teach the 4 to 9 year olds. Bribery seems to help.
I attempted taking Christmas card pictures last night. I think Lacey actually looked at the camera once and it was the first picture. I always end up going with the first picture. I should just stop trying after that one.

I don't know how soon Jake will be able to get to a computer so I'll update as soon as he's in Iraq. His unit is anxious for him and his buddy to get there so they shouldn't have to do a lot of waiting around. I think that's it for now.
1 comment:
I'm happy that you got to see my smacky for Thanksgiving. That must've been awesome. We had a great thanksgiving as well. I know in Canada our thanksgiving is in October, but some friends of ours that used to live in Wisconsin still celebrate it so we went over to their place and ate lots!
Your girls look cute, and sounds like you are trying to stay busy with Jacob (it's so weird not calling him elder smathers, or smacky) gone. I hope all goes well, and look forward to meeting you guys sometime..... who knows when that will be.
Post a Comment