This week has been insane. Besides running out of oil and then not even knowing what my furnace was much less knowing how to bleed it, the reality of Jake being in Iraq finally seem to hit and that stunk. Part of that was my feelings of complete inadequacy, but most of it is because I just plain miss him and I'm scared. I was able to talk to him yesterday and that did help quite a bit.
Wednesday started out a really fun day. We went to visit KK and the girls got their Christmas dresses. However, when we got home, the house felt really drafty. I put the girls to bed and then noticed it just seemed to be getting even colder. I still had hot water which is usually the first thing to go so I didn't think I was out of oil. Of course I was. So, I left a message for the oil company sounding as pathetic as possible and after a little begging, they delivered oil the next day. However, after they delivered it, the furnace still wasn't working. I called my worthless landlord who couldn't have cared less and he of course, as usual, was no help. Nate was in Georgia so there was only one person left to call and I swallowed my pride and called Hailey's dad. He was able to fix it and my house is warm again. As much as we disagree on just about everything, I still very much appreciated his help.
Hails had a snow day today and I'm hoping the weather doesn't stop everyone from coming to her party tomorrow. She has been having a countdown for her birthday since June. I've also had her presents wrapped and sitting on the table for a few weeks, realizing now that to a 7 year old, this must be torture. We have a pretty fun day planned so hopefully everyone shows up. We haven't had too many RSVP's which is kind of a relief to be honest. We couldn't just invite one girl from the class, we had to invite all of them and there's 10. Since it's at the house, that seemed a bit overwhelming. Lacey will be in all of her glory surrounded by the "big girls" who no doubt will do a lot of ooohhhh's and aawwwww's over her ridiculous amount of cuteness.
Like I said before, Jake is in Iraq now and getting used to his new home for the next year. As soon as I have an address, I'll post that as well. He'd love to hear from family and friends.
1 comment:
I'm sorry Sharee...please believe me when I say I can completely relate. I hope you don't have any heating problems the rest of the winter...
Post a Comment